Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Asian veggies

Stopped by the Vietnamese market yesterday.  Everything there is super cheap, but I fear they use tons of pesticides.  There were so many things I wanted to get, but didn't: Pennywort, chives, pea sprouts, and various other leafy greens.  I also passed on a Jicama for fear of the sugar content.  I ended up with 2 daikon radishes, 12 bitter melons (bitter gourd), and 4 chayote.  I will peel and juice them.  The daikons are much less spicy than traditional radish, and I ended up juicing one whole radish and putting it in my cucumber/ginger/lemon juice this morning.  I juiced one bitter melon.  It made about two ounces of juice which I just took as a shot.  It wasn't that bad, but the aftertaste was strong.  I washed it down with Kombucha.

I went off my hypertension medicine a couple days ago to monitor my blood pressure.  It went up today, the systolic is normal: 130-145, but the diastolic was high: 85-100.  I also felt a bit of chest constriction I associate with hypertension.  I decided to go back on the medicine for now.  I also prepared a half a head of garlic juice with a full lemon.  I took that as a shot, and chased it with my cucumber juice and some Kombucha.  I will start taking the garlic regularly.  I'll also start doing some research into other natural options for hypertension.  I wish I could eat cocoa.  lol.

Sunday and Monday juices


I took it really easy on Sunday, making the following:
4L GVJ.
1L cucumber/ginger/lemon
1L mung bean stir fry.

Monday, I had to rush majorly to head up to Orange at the last minute, so I cheated.
I started the morning with 32 oz. of spinach/celery/cucumber/carrot juice from the local green lunch place.
Then I made 3L of GVJ for myself.
I then picked up 60 oz. of ginger/lemon/celery/cucumber/parsley juice from another local juice bar I just found.
The latter place is cheaper, but doesn't have spinach.  I'll probably be going there more in the future, though.  They do have ginger, lemon, and parsley, which are all great.

I skipped my skin cleaning/enema/contrast shower on Sunday, and I felt it in the evening.  I had gotten enough sleep, so it wasn't sleep deprivation.  But my skin got itchy in places, and I had to scratch at it for a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment