Sunday, January 24, 2010

Emotional Flares and Physical Neglect lead to Psoriatic Flares

So I've been meaning to update the status on the psoriasis.  For awhile there, I was trying to remain agnostic about the situation, neither believing in nor disbelieving in whether it was improving.  I can't any longer.  It is undeniably improving.

My inner thighs almost cleared completely - they are 90% smooth normal skin, just a bit dark and red.  My upper thighs are 60-70% clear.  Those are the two most obvious areas of clearing.  There are smaller patches of clearing on my shins and torso.  My face has improved immensely, and I would tentatively say 80-90% clear.  There are still some areas of redness, but almost no scaling left.  Areas on my right shin that were thick and scaly when I started have now become smoother and have stopped scaling.

My arms seemed like they were clearing nicely.  Most of the redness had been leaching out of them, and the raised areas seemed to be getting smaller and less raised.  Then, I had 4 nights of upheaval.  Lack of sleep, emotional turmoil, anxiety and stress.  All enemies of health and psoriasis.  My arms flared up again, and got pretty red during from Wed through Fri.  But they've started calming down again now.  During the period of upheaval, I missed 1 skin brushing, 1 enema, 1 normal shower, 2 contrast showers, had one day of minimal juice, and lots of missed sleep.  I think it's the sleep that was the worst.  I would be up at 3-5am in the morning, and could feel my psoriasis flaring and getting itchy.  But everything's getting back on schedule now despite the late post time tonight ;-).

I have to find the time to go through the pics I've been taking and decide what to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment