Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hunger

I'm hungry.  I've been hungry since yesterday.  I think I didn't make enough juice last night and it triggered hunger pains which have continued to this morning.  I'll have to make sure to drink more juice today.  It's definitely harder to stay on the juice feast when hungry.  All sorts of things look good, even just the temptation to directly chew on and eat the veggies I'm juicing.

It's funny. I had lots of cravings for the first week.  They died down the second week.  It got to the point where I had dinner with my father on day 16 at a Vietnamese restaurant.  I had 2L GVJ and he had a vietnamese chicken and banana flower(!!!) soup.  It smelled wonderful, but I really wasn't tempted overly much.  But yesterday and today... boy.  I NEED to eat something solid.

I only got 3.5 hrs of sleep Monday night, because I'm trying to adjust my sleep schedule to wake up @ 630am in the morning.  Last night I got 5.5 hrs of sleep - better, but not great.  I am learning to take it slowly on days when I lack sleep.  The high energy bound of the two days prior is gone on these days, although at times I felt energized yesterday.  There were also long stretches of time where I felt tired and sleepy.

Yesterday's juices were nothing special.  I was extremely lazy so made lots of celery and cucumber and little else.  Mung bean sprouts tend to go sour within 3-4 days of purchase, so I'm only buying 2 bags of them from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment